Participants in the competition are bound by the following terms and conditions, so please read carefully before proceeding.
- IIID Johor 2018 is a global competition organised by Universiti Teknologi MARA Cawangan Johor (UiTMCJ).
- The competition can be accessed via https://iiidjohor.my/home (the competition website).
- The competition period is from 19 April 2018 to 1 July 2018.
- By registering, you confirm that you have read and unconditionally agreed to all the Terms and Conditions and that you accepted all the organiser’s decision regarding the competition as final and binding in all respects. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Competition materials mean the submissions generated by the participants as part of their involvement in the competition.
- The organiser may pass on any competition materials submitted for the purpose of evaluation or judging of the competition.
- All competition materials must be in either English or Bahasa Melayu language.
- An individual participant means a person who enters the competition as a sole individual whereas a team participant means a person who enters the competition as part of a team. Individual participants and team participants are together referred to as participants.
- Participation in the competition is open to (i) local and international participants, (ii) primary and secondary school students, (iii) tertiary institution students and instructors, (iv) professionals and researchers from government and non-government organisations.
- For the avoidance of doubt, current employees of UiTM who are directly involved in the evaluation or judging session are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Eligible participants wishing to participate in the competition must each register online on the competition website regardless of whether they wish to enter the competition as an individual participant or as a team participant.
- An eligible participant may register for entry into the competition more than once. An eligible participant may participate in the competition as both an individual participant and as a team participant.
- All participant must provide the valid e-mail address and corresponding address as part of the registration process. Participants are responsible for updating their e-mail address and corresponding address if it changes during the registration period.
- The organiser reserves the right to check the validity of the registration information submitted by a participant at any stage during the competition.
- Letter of Acceptance (LOA) is available to be printed once a project has been successfully registered. Participants may use that LOA to apply for funding from their respective schools, institutions or organisations.
- Only participations with completed full payment will be forwarded for evaluation or judging session. Participants is responsible to provide the valid payment information to the organiser through the competition website.
- An invoice will be given to the participant once the organiser has confirmed their payment with the Treasurer Department of UiTMCJ.
- The organiser also reserves the right to refuse participation, or to disqualify, at any time during the competition, participants who have submitted incorrect or misleading information. Participants who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions may also be disqualified from the competition without further notice.
- Participants will have no recourse against disqualification decisions.
- Any participant not correctly registered by the given deadline will not be able to participate further in the competition.
- Each team must consist of at most 4 participants with 1 team leader, where the team leader should be chosen from the team members.
- In the tertiary level and school category, the teams must consist of at most 4 participants with 1 teacher-in-charge. The team leader must come from the student participant.
- Changes to the composition of a team are not allowed once the team has been registered through the competition website.
- E-mails sent by the organiser to the e-mail address provided by the team leader will be considered delivered to each team participant.
THE COMPETITION CALENDAR
COMPETITION REQUIREMENT, SUBMISSION, EVALUATION AND SELECTION OF WINNER
- Each individual participant/team will be required to submit via the competition website the following:
- 3 minutes or less video presentation.
- A copy of supporting documents, for example MyIPO, testimonies etc.
- A maximum of 3 images or photos representing the ideas about the project (optional).
- During the competition period, participants will upload images/videos on the competition website relating to their participation in the competition and/or their submissions. Any such image/video, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the relevant participant. By uploading the image/video to the competition website, a participant represents, acknowledges and warrants that any image/video uploaded is an original work created solely by the participant, that the image/video does not infringe the intellectual property rights (including, without limitation patterns, copyrights, visual materials in whatever form, sound recordings, any copyright protectable work, designs, trade or service marks and database rights).
- The participant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the images/videos, all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the images/videos in the manner set out in these Terms and Conditions without additional compensation.
- A panel of judges will be appointed to evaluate the projects for the competition.
- The following criteria will be judged by the panel:
- This is to ensure the originality and ingenuity of the product.
- Commercial value
- This is to ensure the IP ownership steps taken, the marketability of the product in terms of profitability.
- Social responsibility
- This includes the practicality and usage of the product for the benefit of the community and its ability to enhance better and more comfortable living.
- Overall design, display and packaging of the product
- This includes the attractiveness of the product in terms of the selection of its name, colour, practicality, user friendliness, packaging etc.
- Video presentation of product
- The presentation should be brief, clear and concise.
- Maximum of 3 minutes video presentation
- The jury’s decision is final, and no disputes or appeals will be entertained.
- The competition website will aim to cover many of the questions that participants and other interested parties may have. Any additional questions or comments concerning the competition should be sent via e-mail address and telephone numbers provided in the competition website.
- The organiser reserves the right not to answer a question if, in the organiser’s opinion, an answer would give an unfair advantage to certain participants.
- Participants who have received unofficial or content sensitive information relating to the competition with the intent of allowing an unfair competitive advantage must immediately inform the organiser by e-mail to email@example.com
Participants agree that their competition materials will be treated as having been submitted on a non-confidential basis whether such competition materials are marked or referred to by the participant as being confidential.
- Neither the organiser will have a duty to treat the competition materials as confidential.
- Upon submission, participants warrant that they are the sole owner of the competition materials, and that the submission completely originates with the participant, that it does not infringe upon any copyright or any other rights of any third party of which participant is aware.
- The organiser has the right to pass on the competition materials to the judges who may consists of third party organisations for the evaluation to take place successfully.
- Participants agree to provide the organiser a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual licence (with the right to grant sub-licences) to use, copy, distribute and/or reference the whole or any part of any competition materials (including, for the avoidance of doubt, the submissions) for any purpose whatsoever and in any media, whether or not currently invented.
- By submitting an entry to the competition, the participant warrants that the content of the entry is entirely of that participant’s own creation and does not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights (including, without limitation patents, copyrights, visual materials in whatever form, sound recordings, any copyright protectable work, designs, trade or services marks, database rights) of any other person. If it is discovered that any entry is not the original creation of the appropriate participant and/or breaches and other person’s intellectual property rights, the organiser shall be entitled to disqualify that entry and the appropriate participants from the competition.
- The organiser collects the personal data of participants as stated on the online registration form on the competition website for the purposes of organising the management of the competition (including arranging invoice of and/or participating in the prizes) and communicating with participants in relation to the competition. Personal data provided by participants will only be used in accordance with the terms and conditions as stated by the organiser. By providing personal data to the organiser, participants are consenting to its use in accordance with the terms and conditions.
- The organiser will not keep personal data relating to participants for longer than is necessary. Data relating to participants will be retained by the organiser for a reasonable period after the competition closes to assist the organiser in operating competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries relating to the competition.
CLAIMS AND DISPUTES
- Any participant or team suspected by the organiser of plagiarism may be investigated, and, if deemed appropriate by the organiser (in its absolute discretion), disqualified from the competition.
- The organiser’s decision and discretion on any dispute shall be final and no correspondence will be entertained on that matter.
- The organiser tries to ensure the standard of the competition website remains high but cannot be held responsible for interruptions of service. The organiser reserves the right to suspend temporarily the operation of the competition website without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reason beyond its control.
- The organiser may at its sole discretion disqualify an individual participant or a team from participating further in the competition if the individual participant/team shows a disregard for these Terms & Conditions or acts in any unsporting or disruptive manner.
- The organiser reserves the right to monitor any information/materials posted on or submitted through the competition website by a participant. The organiser, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, may at any time review, remove or otherwise block any information/materials posted on or submitted through the competition website.
- The organiser reserves the right to, upon notice to participants, unilaterally amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- If the participant has submitted the same, or a broadly similar, idea in any other competition, details of the competitions in which that idea has been used must be provided to the organiser. The organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry which is composed of substantially the same idea or concept as has been submitted by the relevant participant in any other competition.