FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here are some commonly asked questions:
WHAT IS DIGITALISED IIID?
Digitalised iiid is a transformation of the normal iid competition to a digital form where the participants do not have to set up booth and showcase their product in front of the judges. Instead they have to prepare a 3 minute video demo of their product to convince the judges.
WHAT ARE THE THINGS THAT I HAVE TO INCLUDE IN THE 3 MINUTE VIDEO DEMO?
- Name of product/project
- Functionality of the product
- Benefits of the product (what kind of problem is the product able to solved)
- Novelty (uniqueness) of the product
Note: Example of videos provided on the website.
HOW DO I ENTER THE COMPETITION?
To enter the competition simply follow the steps in the website:
Step 1: Fill up the entry form
Step 2: Upload your 3 minute video demo
Step 3: Upload supporting documents
Step 4: Complete the payment
WHAT ARE THE IMPORTANT DATES I HAVE TO TAKE NOTE OF?
Competition period: 19 April -1 July 2018
Last date of payment: 1 July 2018
Judging period: 15-31 July 2018
Announcement of winners: 1 August 2018
Prize giving ceremony: 27 August 2018
HOW WILL MY UPLOADED VIDEO BE USED?
Your video will be used only for the purpose of judging and entering the competition. It will not be handed to any third party. Disclaimer: The organiser is not responsible for any IP infringement of the product/project.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I HAVE WON?
You will be informed by email and you can check for the results on the website. The results will be announced on 1st August 2018. Your certificate and award will be posted to your address.
CAN I BUY EXTRA CERTIFICATES AND AWARDS?
Yes, you can buy them by filling in the form and making payment online. Please submit your proof of payment for verification.
HOW DO I STAND A CHANCE TO WIN THE CASH MONEY?
There will be 2 judging phases.
- Best of the best from each category will receive rm2000/rm1000 cash money, certificate and a trophy. They will be invited to a special high tea prize giving ceremony to collect their cash and prize.
- During the prize giving ceremony, they will prepare their exhibition booth to showcase their product/project to compete for the grand Merit of Distinction Award and RM10,000.00 cash.