REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
- This competition is open to both local and international participants.
- Individuals or teams of not more than 4 members and 1 team leader (maximum total of 5 persons per team) are welcome to take part in the competition.
- In the tertiary level and school category, the teams should have not more than 4 members and 1 teacher-in-charge (maximum total of 5 persons per team). A team leader should be chosen from the team members.
- Collaborative efforts with industries are encouraged without Intellectual Property (IP) infringement.
- The organisers have the right to reject any entry it deems unsuitable for the competition.
REGISTRATION/ ENTRY GUIDELINES
In order to participate, the following should be submitted:
- Online Entry Form
- Multimedia Presentation link
(e.g power point slides (max.15 slides), pawtoon, flash, mp4 video & other formats & apps)
- A copy of supporting documents (MyIPO/ Testimonies/etc)
- Proof of Payment
- A panel of judges will be appointed to evaluate the projects for the competition.
- The following criteria will be judged by the panel:
- Novelty • This is to ensure the originality and ingenuity of the product.
- Commercial value • This is to ensure the steps for IP ownership are taken, and the marketability of the product in terms of profitability.
- Social responsibility • This includes the practicality and usage of the product for the benefit of the community and its ability to enhance better and more comfortable living.
- Overall design, display and packaging of the product • This includes the attractiveness of the product in terms of the selection of its name, colour, practicality, user friendliness, packaging etc.
- Video Presentation of product • The presentation should be brief, clear and concise. • Maximum of 3 minutes Video presentation.
- The jury’s decision is final and no disputes or appeals will be entertained.